Tuesday 15 January 2013

Bridesmaids - Now it's the brides turn to pop the question!

Breaking the big news to friends and family is so exciting and great fun but there are some more important questions to be asked and big news to be broken! Choosing your bridesmaids and popping the question to them can be more then just a phone call or chat over coffee, why not make it a fun, exciting moment for all of you?

I knew I wanted my two beautiful younger sisters to be my bridesmaids and I have two gorgeous girlfriends I couldn't imagine our special day without . One of my girlfriends lives here in London with me and the other is in Australia. I have shared and experienced different times and parts of my life with each of them and they are both equally very close to my heart.   I am asking my fiance's niece to be the flower girl, my Aunty's son to be the page boy and my darling Mother to give me away.

Instead of asking the girls over coffee, drinks or skype I have bought some vest tops with the label Bridesmaid and one for my Mum which says Brides Mother. I played with the idea of buying iron ons and attempted a DIY but when I found these bad boys on Ebay I immediately went for the purchase button.


I also found some lovely cards compliments of Zazzle.co.uk to accompany the gifts which I could personalise with my own words. The inside of the cards read:

The day, the dress
The bride, the groom
The joy, the tears
Will all come so soon

Professing true love
To my husband-to-be
With family and friends
All watching me

I hope the sun will
Be shining down
Keep your fingers crossed
That I'll fit in my gown
But there's one more thing
That there needs to be
And that's to have you
Standing with me!

Will you be my Bridesmaid?

And I even put a photo on the back all for the price of £1.45 per card.
Will you be my Bridesmaid card
Will You Be My Bridesmaid Card
 For my Mum I chose a 'Will you be my Bridesmaid' card and personalised it to read 'Will you.. give me away to the man of my dreams?'. I also said.. 'You have always been a very special part of my life and I can't imagine my wedding day without you there beside me. With all my love..'
 'Will you give me away' Card - £1.55 for Notecard or £2.15 for Greeting Card
I'm yet to send my proposals to the girls and my Mum, unfortunately I won't get to see 4 of their reactions seeing as they are in different countries but I can't wait to see the look on my bridesmaid to be in London's face.

It's all very exciting.. enjoy getting creative with your Bridesmaid proposals!

T x

No comments:

Post a Comment